This ten acre site was purchased in November 1937 to provide a recreational green space, with a view to establishing it as a ‘King George V’ playing field, which was achieved in February 1939. On the corner of Hall Lane and Liverpool Road South, the stone pillars of the Centenary Gates, have the emblems of the ‘KGV Fields Foundation Trust’. The KGV status was transferred some time ago to the two green spaces known as Glenn Park and Whinneybrook Playing Field.Facilities
A large grassed and landscaped park, adjacent to Maghull Town Hall with 6 tennis courts, 2 bowling greens, fenced pre-teen play equipment and a playing field. Car parking is available on site.