This ten acre open green space was acquired in February 1952 and has been developed as a very pleasant area home to the local cricket club and football club. The media launch of the Merseyside Canal Partnership was held there as one of the boundaries to the field is the Leeds-Liverpool canal.
A large open parkland adjacent to the Leeds Liverpool Canal from where access to the site is open. It serves as a cricket pitch for Maghull Cricket Club and a football pitch and clubhouse for Maghull Town Football Club. The Cricket Clubhouse is run as a joint venture between the Club and Town Council and it is available to hire for small functions. Car Parking is available on site.